Thursday, February 21, 2013

Working

I'll preface this by saying I like working. I enjoy what I do, for the most part. The things I don't like at work are things extraneous to my actual job. Sometimes it makes the hours I spend at work unbearable, and other times it has no bearing.
 
But I wish I didn't have to work.
  • I wish that I could be at home for a year or two, only working casually until I felt ready to be back at it full time.
  • I wish I could be the one to be with Annalise when she's running a fever and pathetic, the one to go to all of the special lunches and events at Clara's school, the one who picked jake up everyday.
  • I wish I had time to bake and cook as much as I felt like, go to the gym without taking away from family time, to keep the house clean without being tired from already being gone 10 hours.
  • I wish I had time to create.
 
But I don't. And life goes on. Just not exactly as I'd like it to.

 
 Making cupcakes with Amanda
 
Wearing sisters shades

2 comments:

  1. I felt this way too. I stopped working after my 2nd son was born, but I remember those days of juggling a sick kid while both parents were working full time. It was out of control and we only had one kid then. Hang in there, you are doing amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps to know that there are so many others in the same boat! But it still is a never ending guild trip :-/

      Delete